Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 8th, 2015 23:00

my dell battery is getting drained while it is switched off

i have dell inspiron n5050 

except that when I turn it off at night, the next day I notice significant battery drain, just from being off overnight.

For example, it was at 100 % charge this past friday night. Then on saturday around 1pm when I turned it on, it had about 91% charge. This was not even a 24 hour time period.

Please help me out and my adapter is ok and the battery is also new.

2 Posts

October 8th, 2015 12:00

I found a solution here in tbhe Dell Community Forum that so far has successfully resolved the issue. Disclaimer is that while it worked for me your mileage might vary--but it's worth a shot.

I copy/pasted the following from this Dell community page. I bolded the pertinent steps that worked for me. Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far, the following has been working for the past several days...... I have not experienced power drain or laptop not waking up.

*******Well It is because of bad Intel Management Engine Driver if yours is uprgarded to v11 something you don't need to downgrade, just go to device manager->System Devices-> Intel Management Interface->Properties->Power Management and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and try testing now hopefully it will work.*******

September 9th, 2015 11:00

Hi, 

Please disable any power options if its set. 

Update the BIOS. 

Also once the machine is shut down with battery at 100%, take out the battery. Leave it out for couple hours and when you wish to power on the system put back the battery , let us know if it s till drains. 

Ensure you disable any startup programs.  How long does the machine takes to boot??

Regards

September 13th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

We are still awaiting your response.

Regards

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 15th, 2015 10:00

Hello

I have the same problem after  change system win 8.1 - > win 10
when is 100% and turn off computer the batter is drains  very low % and usually is problem too turn on.

the button must push 2~4 sek..

i check batter and I just take out and put  back to computer and after that evry think is ok. but is very annoying and same times short of time to do this.

please help me !

computer :

Inspiron 15 3542

Service Tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

update is all what i can do

16 Posts

September 15th, 2015 18:00

I have an inspiron 7437. I am experiencing the same problem. Battery drains while computer is completely off and often have to hold the power button down for 8 seconds for the laptop to turn on. Turned it on this morning and the laptop had dropped to about 20% when it was 100% and turned off the night before. I have reset the BIOS, done a clean install of windows 10, and tried pulling the battery. POST scan shows everything is normal as well as battery diagnostic. I am on the current BIOS A10 with all updated drivers.

2 Posts

October 8th, 2015 03:00

hi,

my bios is up to date.

the full charged battery does not drains after i took out from the laptop .

the booting is also ok.

what to do.

regards

No Events found!