Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2011 06:00

my dell inspiron 1464 Speaker sounds like microphones

Hello there i have dell inspiron 1464 so i am facing problem today when  i plug in the my head phone to the laptop and after it speakers sounds like " teeen tun" like microphone plugged into amplifier, why it is happing please share solution thank you.

Regards 

Asad

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 19th, 2011 06:00

Asad,

Run the Dell Diagnostics Audio Tests (click on the link to the FAQ below my name). If the audio still sounds like a microphone during the tests, then contact Dell tech support to see about getting a repair.

But if the speakers sound normal during the tests then the hardware is okay and there is some software problem. In that case try re-installing the audio driver. For instructions click on the link to Audio Drivers FAQ below my name and follow the instructions in section 1.

4 Posts

May 20th, 2011 01:00

Jim,

I once formatted my whole drive so diagnostics will no longer helpful for me, and i don't have any drivers disk i only got dos operating system with my laptop, is there any other alternative?

Asad.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 20th, 2011 06:00

i only got dos operating system with my laptop,

I don't understand. What operating system is on the computer now?

4 Posts

May 20th, 2011 09:00

Dear, my current operating system is windows 7.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 20th, 2011 10:00

Some things you can try with drivers

1. do a simple re-install of the Realtek audio driver, if you have it installed. Instructions are in the Audio Drivers FAQ (link below). See section 1.

2. If the Realtek is not installed then install it and see if you get better results.

3. if the Realtek driver is installed then try removing it and using the Windows generic HD audio driver if you are not using it now. To remove the Realtek driver, go to Start>Control Panel>Uninstall a program. A window will open with a list of software. Find the Realtek driver, then right click on it and uninstall it. When you reboot the computer, Windows will install its basic generic audio driver.

If none of those improve the sound then you might have a hardware problem.

4 Posts

May 20th, 2011 11:00

Very well, its worked but without the drivers sound quality is not good, and i should reinstall it to check again.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 20th, 2011 12:00

Yes

No Events found!