Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2016 08:00

my dell laptop battery is loosely connected. need a solution

my laptop battery is loosely connected,it is getting turn off when i move the laptop from one place to other, there is no problem with power jack or ac adapter. After many examinations i found my battery is loose, it is getting disconnect internally when i move or lift the laptop.

I need to solution to fix this battery connection. How to make it normal? should i replace the battery?

• 

17K Posts

July 19th, 2016 09:00

SRIDHAR,

Can you please provide your system service tag to me in a private message.  You  can  click my name  DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number.. er

You would click my name in blue, then on the next page in the upper right corner, click the words "send private message"

Was the battery the original battery shipped with the computer?  Has the computer been dropped or damaged in any way?  Is it an extended life battery or a regular battery that sits flush.

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

July 19th, 2016 11:00

service tag number is:

<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Yes the battery is original shipped with the laptop itself. My laptop is 1 year old. i'm facing this problem from a week, that when i try lifting or moving my laptop , it is getting turned  off, I'm sure it is a hardware problem specifically battery port, i think it is loosely connected

i couldnt find the "send as private message, so i'm replying you in this way, consider this and help me ASAP

• 

17K Posts

July 21st, 2016 05:00

SRIDHAR SID,

Which Dell Laptop do you have that the battery is loose? To send me private message click on my name and click on messages. Click new and type the message.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 21st, 2016 06:00

This person has posted the same questions in multiple places:

en.community.dell.com/.../19986302

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

July 21st, 2016 10:00

Dell vostro 3546 

Not battery but whole battery compartment i guess, because today when i tried to lift the laptop , it got shut down multiple times.

seriously hardware is poor. they got loose or broken in just one year. :(

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

July 21st, 2016 10:00

yes because you previous agent wasn't replying. Is that a mistake.

No Events found!