Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2011 13:00

n5010 - fan is very loud

hey,

i have bought my dell inspiron n5010 (i7, q740, 1,73 Ghz) today and i am scared of the noise of it. the fan is working very loud the whole time, starting with powering-on the laptop. what can I do, it is really horrible to work with this noise and i am thhinking about returning the laptop.

glad for every help and advice. regards from germany

paul

9 Posts

April 2nd, 2011 19:00

my windows boots in almost 30 seconds with hdd does it really makes any significant change with ssd??

23 Posts

April 2nd, 2011 20:00

Yes it makes a big difference, after fresh install it boots in 17 sec and after installing programs and using it for a while just 32 s to load the full desktop and running applications.

Over all the response of the system is much faster. I think once you're used to a SSD there is no coming back to a normal HDD!

18 Posts

April 3rd, 2011 04:00

Thanks , i think i'll get an 60 gb ssd and intall it in my laptop and get an external 1T hdd with 7200 rpm, i think is good this way too , don't you?what ssd do u have ? i think i'll buy and ocz vertex 2 60 gb .... it's good from what i seen in reviews .... if u what to recomand me another one please do it . tnx a lot.

23 Posts

April 3rd, 2011 14:00

I tried to use the esata to get an external drive to manage my documents, but I find that the need to plug your doc in your laptop is not really convenient.

I much prefer to have to plug the dvd in a usb port when needed (which is rarely for me) and get the 2nd HD in a caddy in place of the dvd inside the laptop.

The bios and your system recognise automatically your second HD.

So your system has a fast HD for the system and a large HD for your documents.

Also use esata with a 3rd HD for back up purpose, just clone the doc HD,

You can get a caddy for $45 http://www.newmodeus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=375 and a case for the dvd and esata hd for less than  $10 each on ebay.

Got a vertex 2 60g and it rocks, find using 30g for the system, so left with 25g free, which is healthy for SSD.

18 Posts

April 4th, 2011 02:00

when you used eSATA for u-re docs..... how fast was the transfer in your normal HDD , the one with eSATA conection ..... i know that eSATA has 3gb...the transfer should be like one normal HDD instaled in the laptop i think.tnx again :) , this week i'll buy the new ssd ..can't wait to see how fast it will be :D.

23 Posts

April 4th, 2011 03:00

You're right same as internal, better go for a 7200 HD, it will make a difference. Good luck with things.

23 Posts

April 7th, 2011 21:00

Finally the latest beta version of Speedfan SpeedFan Beta Program works in X64 on the Inspiron N5010 on windows 7 X64. (you need to click the Dell option in the configuration menu under the Options tab)

It gives your control over the loud fan by adjusting its speed manually...an automatic fan speed option is available.

I need more testing but looks like it solves the very loud fan problem.

19 Posts

April 8th, 2011 01:00

Did you check the Configure->Options->Enable Dell support?

Edit: ok, sorry I didnt see you already said this.

19 Posts

April 8th, 2011 02:00

nvm

2 Posts

April 14th, 2011 00:00

Guten morgen!

yes itz fan is too loud just experiencing as my pc makes sound when starting and goes silent like goooo

but this one dell n5010 after an hour of itz usage it also says boiiiiiii sound will it will be solved if it is under AC room or what should we if there is no solution

yes up to my knowledge dell do hav a solution but they wont help in replacing the entire device only for a fan loud purpose heavy processors, heavy RAM, heavy hdd (heavy means like i5 or i7 processor, 8 or 4 gb ram, 500 to 1tetra byte hdd) will lead to release more heat (this is up to my knowledge) or depends upon running applications like games hav to run more services takes some processors as it must keep on running until u stop it the keyboard the mouse or touchpad must be running countinuosly so no reduction of heat only increasing

please try it and test it in air conditioned room i never tried it

and by the way this is sreekar i had purchased a dell N5010(intel core i5, 500gb hdd, 1gb ati mobility graphic card, win 7 home premium, 4gb ram) the very first 3rd day of my usage in this 6th april 2011 i experienced a blue screen error three times as becoz of utorrent when i stopped using it no bluescreen error occured so know that it supports the particular software before ur instillation

thanks and regard if there is any solution for fan loud

September 5th, 2011 22:00

any1 still got the fan issue? dun click games explorer at start there. who else got issue just let me know. i'm N5010 user!

19 Posts

September 11th, 2011 05:00

@Zoomelliott or Doru_Lex19

I have a few questions:

- Can you just replace the HD with a SSD? Are the connectors of the drives the same? Did you have to adjust anything to make the SSD fit?

- Will this SSD fit too?

tweakers.net/.../crucial-m4-ct128m4ssd2-128gb.html

- What case do I need for the DVD-drive? Do you have a link?

There is 1 drawback for me.... I am afraid I will lose my garanty. Is that not a drawback for you guys?

- How is your system with SSD doing now?

18 Posts

September 12th, 2011 16:00

hi , 

- Can you just replace the HD with a SSD? Are the connectors of the drives the same? Did you have to adjust anything to make the SSD fit?

- yes u can change the hdd with an ssd....but it has to be sata 2....the ssd u are showing me its sata 3 so it will not be suported.....so i answeread the second question too.....

- What case do I need for the DVD-drive? Do you have a link?

- its kinda hard to find that port .....and i dont like the idee to not have an dvd-r.......so i dont know.....i just removed the hdd and put an ssd in stead....

There is 1 drawback for me.... I am afraid I will lose my garanty. Is that not a drawback for you guys?

-well i asked before this and some1 answeread me tta i will not lose my warraty...so i dont think so...its so easy to replace it...and nothing will breack....

- How is your system with SSD doing now?

-with and i7 proc and good graphic card 6 gb ddr 3 and ssd..trust me its so blazing fast like u never dream....win starts in like 10 sec......no lags , no freze, just power and everything runs rly fast....i rly recomand the ssd if u have an i7 and more then 4 gb rams.....the i7 on hdd its a waste....

hope i helped U :).

23 Posts

September 12th, 2011 20:00

You can get a caddy for $45 http://www.newmodeus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=375 and a case for the dvd and esata hd for less than  $10 each on ebay.

It's so easy to install, just 2 screws away.

Now guys with i7, how are you going with the cpu temp after more tan 6 months of daily use?

Not doing much after a few hours,  with latest bios, I'm in between 65 and 70 degrees, and it idles around 57, room temp is 20 degrees.

September 12th, 2011 21:00

sry 4 late reply. the ssd will be fitted but if ur lappy got any issue u can't claim ur warranty so think thrice b4 u upgrade it.

u can put back the hdd when u need claim warranty but rmb must be done with clean! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BES4bPMBnVg

search at utube for more regarding replacing ssd. i still stick v hdd temporary. i'm using HD 5660 (keep on updating to the latest 1) guru3d.com

if u guys at indoor, please remove battery & use plug. i rarely use battery. (store 40% if u guys rarely use battery on dry place cos heat reduce battery lifespan)

No Events found!