Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 9th, 2012 04:00

n5110 after 3 beeps went completely dead

hi
i have bought a dell inspiron n5110 for two month now. after 20 days one morning
i tried to turn it on and it beeped 3 times and went dead, i took it to support
center ( it has warranty ) they took it and fix it in about one hour and told me
it was a bios failure and if it happens again warranty will not cover it and it will
cost about 150$ after one month today it happend again what should i do.

i am not a hardware expert but i can handle my and my coworkers computers pretty well
but since it has warranty woid labels i cant check anything.

i have already tried
pushing power button for 30 seconds without connecting battery or charger.
pushing power button for 30 times without connecting battery or charger.

Thanks.

June 9th, 2012 06:00

Hi mahdese,

Welcome to the Dell community.

As you had purchased this computer about 2 months ago, it should have an active hardware warranty and you don't have to worry about the repairs.

I would be interested to know if it actually gave 3 beeps before going off again. If it was, it definitely points to the system board failure. If the beep codes were any different, it could be a different concern.

Glad to assist you.

Regards

Amrinder D

Social Outreach Professional

June 15th, 2012 07:00

Hi Mahdese,

Apologies for the delayed response. I do not expect any virus to effect the BIOS in such a manner that it would start beeping. It definitely is a concern with the Motherboard and is covered for replacement under the hardware warranty.

In case, you still have an active warranty, Kindly add me as a friend by clicking on my name above and send me the system service tag.

Regards

Amrinder D

1.1K Posts

June 9th, 2012 06:00

Hi Mahdese,

Welcome to the Community.

I regret to hear that your system is not turning on at all. Since you have already tried to release the static from your system which did not help, the motherboard of your system needs replacement.  Please add me as a friend by clicking on my ID " Dell_Vikram M " . Once done, personal message me your system's service tag, your phone number, alternate contact number and the best time to reach you along with your time zone. I will be waiting for your message.

Glad to assist you!

Vikram Makkar

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

4 Posts

June 11th, 2012 11:00

Hi

Thanks for your reply and sorry for bothering you again.

I took my laptop to support center and they told me the problem is damage to bios data and they have to reprogram it or something like that and it is caused by installing a bad software,  a virus or a bad device driver so it is not covered by hardware warranty.

So i want to know

1 - If it is normal for an intact laptop to have this problem 2 months in a row.

2 - If really the cause can be a bad software or a virus.

Thank you for helping out.

Mahdese

1 Message

June 12th, 2012 08:00

I have the Same Laptop and the Same Problem. The only difference is it happened with me first time . I bought this laptop about 1 month ago. I still have the warranty but i want to know how this is happened? Is there any technical faults in DELL laptops? and how can i fix it now its dead not working at all. 

June 12th, 2012 11:00

Hi mahdese,

It is definitely not normal for a new computer to have this concern twice in two months. I would also like to know more about what the repair center where you took the computer to told you.

As such, these concerns should be covered under hardware warranty and difficult for the motherboard to go bad because of a bad software.

Regards

Amrinder D

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

June 13th, 2012 06:00

hi

i have a same problem.

i got my laptop as a gift from my sister from U.S. six month ago.

it has two different warranty.

1.)Limited technical support

2.)next bussiness day support.

so i want to know what do this warranty include and is it also applicable in india?

pls give me advise.

4 Posts

June 14th, 2012 06:00

Hi Amrinder D

They told me this model is vulnerable to some virus which removes some data from your bios and to prevent it you must purchase an anti virus.

I think it is not true because if there was such thing dell would have released a patch for it by now, i think my motherboard is defective and needs to be replaced and they are trying to drag this to end of my warranty period by flashing the bios again and again.

I need to know if N5110 BIOS is vulnerable to virus or this is just an excuse for not replacing my motherboard.

Thank you for helping out.

Mahdese

No Events found!