Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 16th, 2012 04:00

n5110 issues

my inspiron n5110 laptop is 3 months old...now it has a few problems

1) 2 out of the 3 USB ports are not working...

2) One of the 2 speakers is making too much noise even if i use in minimum volume. Literally i am not able to listen to music or watch movies now...

Biggest issue is that i purchased it from US and hence, warranty is not applicable here. Am screwed. Please help...If any of u have faced these issues earlier and have successfully rectified, please tell me know what to do. Thanks

3.8K Posts

April 16th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Try installing the USB 3.0 Host controller using the below link.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

I also suggest you update your chipset driver using the below link.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Only a Next Business Day warranty will qualify for an International Warranty. If you purchased just the basic warranty that came with the system, then it does not qualify.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

April 16th, 2012 05:00

dear Royan

Thanks for the prompt reply...i wil surely try this....do u have any solution for my second issue (speaker issue)... Am really worried that my selection from this recognized brand went wrong....so many issues in the beginning itself !!! please help...thanks

3.8K Posts

April 16th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

You can try reseating the speakers, but that includes removing the motherboard, so I would not suggest you trying this step, as this will void the warranty.

support.dell.com/.../speaker.htm

Thank you

Royan

July 27th, 2012 12:00

Hi Royan,

Hope u r doing gud..

Need your help to fix another issue now.

When i am connecting "USB mouse", the laptop hangs and no other option works except task manager.

I tried reinstalling USB port driver. Unfortunately it is not serving the purpose.

Help me out

Thankss

No Events found!