Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2010 21:00

nVidia Chipset and Intel X25-M SSD Problems

I purchased a Dell 1340 Studio XPS 13 (1340) Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (6MB cache/2.66GHz/1066Mhz FSB) Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit with 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz, Intel X25-M 160 GB SSD and 512MB NVIDIA GeForce G 210M

This puppy does full bootups in 14 seconds and installs a fresh copy of

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit in 7 minutes!!!

But here's the problem.

I can not install Dells System Software or nVidia's Chipset Driver!

When I install DSS and it reboots automatically system hangs after Bios screen and this will go on for ever. So I do another fresh install without DSS, next Driver to install is nVidia's Chipset, this is were things go very bad. nVidia Chipset driver changes the SSD from ATA to SCSI and changes the timing settings for the drive. I can no longer use trim (Intel Toolbox ver. 1.3) and windows performance index goes from 6.2 to 4.8 overall.

And I never saw so many Blue screens since Windows ME!

Dell tells me that they do not support Intel's SSD but if I buy a Dell SSD made by Samsung they would support it. Sorry to say but Dell's SSD Drives are having problems as well, you can search the forums.

Dell did tell me that they are elevating my issue to the next level but that was a month ago. Since then they came out with another driver (nVidia AHCI) which does nothing but tells you NCQ is enabled.

nVidia tells me to contact Dell, no help there.

Intel tells me to contact Dell and get the correct driver for the Chipset.

So after 20 or so fresh installs,

I now do not install DSS and nVidia's Chipset and turn off Virtual Memory (Page File Sysytem).

Since I have 8 GB of Memory this is not a problem and no blue screen!

The only thing is the Coprocessor has an error in Device Manager because I do not install the driver.

Is anyone else having SSD problems if so we need to get together and get Dell to work with nVidia to make the correct driver for SSDs. 

No Responses!
No Events found!