Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2011 21:00

network drivers for my inspiron e1505? where are they?

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me locate the network controller drivers for an inspiron e1505?  I had to reset the computer to factory setting with the OS disk and I have everything installed (according to the device manager) except network controllers.

thank you!

3.6K Posts

February 18th, 2011 21:00

Go to Dell's driver and download page enter your system at the top and enter your OS.Now go down the page to the network tab and click.The bluetooth driver and the wireless driver are both listed under this tab make sure you select the corredt for each.

You will probbaly have to go to the communication tab and also install the conexant driver and the broadcom driver also.

3 Posts

February 18th, 2011 22:00

thank you! I found the conexant and there was only one.  I found the broadcom and installed the utilities and driver.  How do I know which wireless driver to use? Is it really bad if I have downloaded some drivers I don't need? Not sure If I should start over...

3 Posts

February 18th, 2011 23:00

It worked! Thank you so very much for your help!!  Idid use the Intel driver!

I am back!

3.6K Posts

February 18th, 2011 23:00

You either have the 3945 or the 4965 wireless adapter on this model,you can find  the correct one listed under Device Manager (Network Adapter) tab.By the way i have found the Intel's driver for either of these cards perform better just an FYI.

If you have Bluetooth this model came with either the 350 or 355 BT module,you can find each under device manager this will be listed as Bluetooth radios.

Start>Control Panel>Device Manager.

3.6K Posts

February 19th, 2011 00:00

I am glad you got it working again and glad i could have been of help to you anytime,most welcome.

No Events found!