Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2016 08:00

no internet connection

hi, i hope someone can help. im not sure where to put this :emotion-42:

i bought a new laptop 6 days ago, (Dell Inspiron 15 5000, windows 10,  intel core i5-6200U prossesor, RAM 8GB, 1TB HDD)

from day1 at random moments whenever im browsing or watching youtube videos this will happen 

even tho, as you can see in the bottom right i have full wifi connection, whats weird is that when this happens i cant use the wifi on my phone or ps4 either, suggesting its the hub and not the laptop, however i dont think its a problem with my wifi hub as it wasn't an issue until i got this laptop and all 3 lights on the hub stay blue (its a BT home hub 3 in case that helps)

to fix it, all i do is click the wifi icon at the bottom right, disconnect then reconnect and everything works fine again... for a while. however its becoming a pain to keep having to do this multiple times a day. 

if anyone has a fix for this or even an idea how to fix it i will be forever grateful its driving me mad :emotion-12:

thanks all, 

532 Posts

September 22nd, 2016 21:00

Hi,

We’re listening. Let us know how far is the router placed from the computer? Were there any hardware or software changes made to the system?

We also suggest you to update the Wireless driver. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ then download wireless driver from the "network" section and install it.

http://dell.to/1n3X2po

Please let us know if this helped.

4 Posts

September 23rd, 2016 02:00

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

the router is approx 3 meters away, so not a great distance, and no changes to the system or hardware, its brand new straight out the box

i have updated the driver but still no change,  still randomly losing internet connection.

532 Posts

September 24th, 2016 00:00

Thank you for the update. Please try making the below mentioned changes on the wireless card properties and restart your computer.

1. In the Search box, type Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager window, click the arrow sign next to Network Adapters.

3. Right click on the wireless card and select properties

4. Click the Advanced tab.

5. Click Roaming Aggressiveness and select medium-Low from the drop-down menu.

6. Click Transmit Power and click to select highest from the drop-down menu.

7. Click ok

Please let us know if this helped.

4 Posts

September 24th, 2016 04:00

ive done that,

ill give it time to see if its worked and get back to you tomorrow.

thanks again

4 Posts

September 26th, 2016 07:00

hi, sorry i was a little longer getting back to you than i intended,

unfortunately that hasn't fixed the issue,  

532 Posts

September 27th, 2016 03:00

Sorry to hear that the issue is still not fixed. Please share the service tag/express service tag, the name on the account and your email address through a private message, so that we can check for specific drivers and assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

We also request you to complete the hardware diagnostics to check if there is any hardware causing the wireless issue. You can click here to find the steps to complete the hardware diagnostics.

Please share your findings.

Thank you,

Lijo

No Events found!