Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2009 11:00

onscreen volume indicator

Could anyone let me know how to retrieve my onscreen volume indicator. I recently upgraded to windows 7 and no longer have this function when pressing the volume key on the keyboard.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 23rd, 2009 12:00

Do you have the volume icon in the Notification Area? I'm guessing it's not there. Right click on the taskbar, choose Properties, select Customize under Notification Area. Then choose Show Icons and Notifications for the Volume icon. While you are there, select the other icons you want always showing, never show or only when active. Win 7 tries to unclutter the taskbar, but I like to see more icons. You can also select Show All Icons which eliminates the arrow to expand the Notification Area.

3 Posts

November 26th, 2009 07:00

That's not what he meant.  He meant the lines that overlayed the volume level in the lower middle part of the desktop, then dissapeared when done adjusting the volume (using the buttons above the Function keys).

I lost them too after doing a clean install of Win7.  I am sure they are included in the applications cd somwhere or in the online files.... just need to know which one.  I didn't go through installing everything since Windows 7 covers the drivers for most things.

3 Posts

November 26th, 2009 07:00

Found it.

You need to reinstall Dell Quickset.  Its probably on the CD they mailed with Windows 7 but you can also find it on the Dell Support page under "Drivers and Downloads" under Applications.

No Events found!