Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2012 07:00

overheating dell n5110 i3

i bought a Dell inspiron N5110 with i3 processor last week,

from the begging i ve nourdeced that left side overheats even if it s in stand-by

i see there are many people in my situation i hope i get an answer from they

the cpu temperature it s between 50 C-69 C to high far a new laptop

please give me an advice because i have the latest bios and cpu cooling pad

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 1st, 2012 15:00

The notebook will get warm to the touch.  Making sure that you have the latest BIOS is good, as well as using a cooling pad.  

If you purchased the notebook directly from Dell, and it is a new system it is unlikely that it should need the vents cleaned but I would take a look at them just to make sure.

Other than that I suggest that you run diagnostics.  Just start the system tapping F12 and choose diagnostics.  The diagnostics should be able to tell you if there is a problem with the cooling fan.  For more on troubleshooting overheating symptoms please take a look at the following document.

support.dell.com/.../document

TB

April 4th, 2012 02:00

there is a problam with the device he has 50 degrees in stand by  and i keep him on a support cooling pad

in few i shall be going to the store i bought it to make an service analize

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 4th, 2012 14:00

Please reply back here with the results from taking it to have the system repaired.

TB

April 17th, 2012 02:00

i went too the place where i bought  the laptop and they told me to talk with Dell Romania for warranty. I made a call there i explained the problem and now i'm wainting for an answer since 1 week.

my brother bought friday an Acer with the same configuration like my Dell his temperatures are below 50 degrees even when he is playing NFS TR and my dell has above 50 when is in stand-by , the cooler works all the time.

I will wait another week after that i will go to the Office for Costumer Protection and make a complain against Dell Romania.

1 Message

June 9th, 2012 11:00

i have the same laptop as you with i3 processor and i get those tempreture; when playing games the cpu reach 85 c and automatically throttle even with a cooler so i went to the warranty service and they said that it's normal and the laptop dosnt need repair so i think it is  the model that have a very bad cooling design.

i would say that i am very dissappointed because i trusted dell with all my previous machine and now i have to deal with this probleme forever

No Events found!