Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2011 19:00

photostage facebook connection

i have a dell inspiron duo and try to connect my photostage v.1.5.0.19 with facebook to share pics. however, everytime when i try to login photostage says that is successful, but i am still not connected. i have also check my application settings for photostage in facebook and everything seems fine.

is this a main problem in photostage? how can i fix this?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 31st, 2011 03:00

lila-ink,

I just tried to upload a photo to my Facebook photo album with no problems.You find the photo you want to upload, click on it, then click on the Facebook icon at the bottom. You then might have to log in and allow the application to have access.

Rick

5 Posts

March 31st, 2011 14:00

i have tried this a hundred times but everytime i click on the facebook button it says that i am currently not connected. so i log me in everytime and although there is a window which says that the login was a success and i have marked that i am always logged in in photostage it says that i am still currently not connected. it is a vicious circle.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 31st, 2011 16:00

lila-ink,

Look at your firewall and make sure Dell Video Stage is allow past the firewall.

Rick

5 Posts

March 31st, 2011 17:00

Rick,

Thanks for the fast reply!

Both VideoStage and PhotoStage are allowed to pass my firewall. The Login window in Photostage is poping up so i don'wt think that it is firewall related.

Do you have any other suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 1st, 2011 03:00

lila-ink,

Didn't figure out how to upload a video to Facebook with Video Stage, just to view it.

Somewhere during the process, I have to click an application from Facebook allowing Photostage to access my information.

To upload a photo... Open Dell Photo Stage. Click on library.

Select the picture you want to upload to Facebook. I choose my girlfriends picture. Click on the Facebook icon.

Click ok. You'll then see...

Enter your email address and Facebook password.

You can then select the album to put the photo in.

Rick

5 Posts

April 1st, 2011 08:00

rick,

I follow all these steps but I don't geht to the last picther where i can select the album.

after  logging me in in the facebook pop up window i see this window

after closing it nothing happened. so when i press on the facebook button above in the menu or below a picture there is this notification again:

after pressing ok the same facebook login pop up window appears again....

i have already deleted photostage and have download it again from the dell support page. but it is still the same. i also ask dell support on the phone but they couldn't help me. they said that i have to ask arcsoft.

could you tell me, if you are able to upload more than 1 picture to facebook via photostage? if this is not possible i think i will delete this program and use picasa...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 1st, 2011 09:00

lila-ink,

If you login to Facebook, click on photos in the left column and look in the album you uploaded the picture, you should see the picture there. You can then edit and share it from there.

Rick

5 Posts

April 1st, 2011 09:00

Sorry, i forgot the pictures...

here is the confirmation window after the login:

here the notification after pressing on facebook button:

after pressing ok there is the facebook login again:

after loging there is the first window again...etc.

3 Posts

April 13th, 2011 15:00

This seems like a universal problem. I am new DUO owner and tried using the PhotoStage with Facebook and ran into the exact same issue. Went through everything that's listed here and had absolutely no luck.

I also get the 'Allow" prompt on Facebook and the "Success" message but nothing happens after that. It would be nice if you can research this issue and provide a step by step solution.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 13th, 2011 16:00

NabeelVA,

What virus protection and firewall are you using?

Rick

3 Posts

April 13th, 2011 21:00

No firewall. Avast Anti Virus. I have also tried disabling it but and running photostage but no luck.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 14th, 2011 02:00

NabeelVA,

I have the FREE version of Avast and use Windows firewall and had no problems.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall\Allowed Programs

Make sure that they are allowed past the firewall.

Rick

3 Posts

April 14th, 2011 02:00

Rick,

I work on computers and software for living and I am pretty technical. I have already tried these steps and had no luck. My assumption is that there is a bug in the software which does not play well with Facebook connection. Either Dell or the software vendor needs to research this thoroughly, develop an updated patch or come up with step-by-step instructions for customers who are buying these machines on daily basis.

So far everything you have asked me to do, I have already done it and still getting the same results.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 15th, 2011 15:00

NabeelVA,

I use Avast Free Home edition. Use Windows Firewall. Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

Every time I try this, it seems to work.

http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=108241632549331

I just uploaded a picture to Facebook. I can put it in the album I want or create an album. If I click share, it opens my email program and wants to give me the link to the image.

If I go to Facebook, I can login, click on photos and locate the picture I uploaded. I can then edit the picture and share it from there. Bascially all that PhotoStage is doing is uploading the picture.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 17th, 2011 13:00

NabeelVA,

Just thinking after I posted. Open Photo Stage. Click on the gear, then click on about. Click on check for updates. I have the latest version. Thinking maybe an earlier version may have had issues.

Rick

No Events found!