Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2011 13:00

poor customer service

I have been trying for 2 days to purchase a dell computer online. I am trying to purchase a Alienware M17x r3. I was unable to access dell financing online so I contacted a service rep who took my application over the phone. I was approved for financing which I intended to use then supplement with personal funds. When I realized that the item I was about to pay for had all the specs I wanted except for the 1920 x 1080 wled display, I informed the rep that I needed to reconfigure my item as I was unable to get the same item with the upgraded display and still use online coupons I had found. (thus jacking up the price $900.00). I then found the outlet store where I found the computer I was looking for with the specs I was looking for. I put it in my cart and viewed the details of the computer to verify that this was indeed the correct specs. A copy of that page is here. System ID: Z2VD6ZRB Alienware M17x R3 Certified Refurbished - SA System Price: $1,839.00 Processor Processor: Intel Core i7-2720QM processor (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.30 GHz) Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium Base Alienware M17x R3 Laptop Hard Disk Drive 256GB Encrypted Mobility Solid State Drive Memory 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (4 DIMMs) Media Bay Blu-ray Disc (BD) Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD) Video 1.5 GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M System Color Soft Touch Stealth Black Laptop Screen 17.3 inch Wide FHD (1920 x 1080 60Hz) WLED Display Laptop Battery 9 Cell Battery Network Interface Card Intel 6250 Wireless-N (2x2) Half Mini-Card Bluetooth Wireless Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth Module Keyboard Internal English Single Pointing Keyboard Hardware Upgrade 210W/240W switchable Slim 3P A/C Adapter 125V Power Cord Software Upgrade Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Operating System DVD 64BIT Operating System Then I went to pay for said computer. Come to find out the financing was unavailable online. I started a chat with A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP And he was no help. He stated that because the outlet store was unavailable on the weekends he could do nothing to help me purchase this computer. I was also unable to pay with other financing options, paypal ect.. I was then transfered to a operator who was supposed to assist me with my purchase. She stated that she could also not help me. She stated that she did not want to transfer me to a dept. where nobody would be available. Mind you I had been attempting to purchase this item for 2 days now, both during business hours and after hours as purchasing a dell computer online appears to be an all day experience. After all my conversations with dell customer service reps and the operator I was upset and wanted to file a complaint. The operator then seemed to not care about my problems, (of becoming a dell customer), anymore and sent me to an automated system that basically told me that it could not take my complaint and to check the website. Well here I am. After going back to the outlet store to attempt to purchase the item again, it appears that it is no longer available. Pretty sure becoming a dell customer was not meant to be. ________________________________________________________

No Responses!
No Events found!