Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2013 12:00

problem with LAN vostro 1500

hello to everyone

i face to a problem when i try to install win 7 in my vostro .you know , every thing is good except my LAN , i can access to internet with my wireless correctly but when i try to use LAN I cant connect I dont know what driver i should installed to solve this problem!

any suggestion please?  

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

May 19th, 2013 14:00

Hi alash,

This system is not tested with Windows 7 hence the driver is not available. However you may try installing Windows XP/Vista network card driver in compatibility mode from the link given below:

http://dell.to/13Esp0P

Download the R154493.EXE from the link above and double click on the file and extract it on the desktop in a folder. Look for setup file in the extracted folder. Right click ‘.exe’ file and click ‘Properties’. Click “install in compatibility mode’. Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’. Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’. Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows.Click on ‘Start the Program’. Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes. Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’.

Restart the system after the driver installation and check. The network connector on the back of the system contains link and data activity LEDs. Let me know if the link is green. If it is green it indicates that the network connection is active.

Reply to this post for further assistance.

1 Message

December 17th, 2013 12:00

It's not green

No Events found!