Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2013 22:00

problem with my dell downloads, "service tag is already registered or is invalid"

Ok,

So i have an Inspiron N5040, and i reinstalled Windows 7 back in july because it was acting up.

I reinstalled all the drivers, and recently found out that you can reinstall the software that came on your computer when you first got it.

So when i try to go to my dell downloads and try to download it, i get the following mesage "service tag is already registered or is invalid"

I would really apreciate anyone that could help me solve this problem.

-Peyton

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

September 30th, 2013 04:00

Hi Peyton,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please follow the steps given below:

• Login into Dell My Account from the system you want to register.
  • Agree to the End User License Agreement.
  • Click Register System
  • You may see a notice in the Internet Explorer tool bar indicating that you need to install Active X Controls. Please click the information bar on the web browser to allow Active X to install.

Note: Use only Internet Explorer while registering of ‘My Dell Downloads’ and select the country where the computer was purchased.

Also make sure the system has the latest .net framework. Click on the link below and install the latest version:
http://dell.to/18EFR5o

Refer the following link for more information and FAQ’s:
http://dell.to/15FgaiT

Revert for further queries.

2 Posts

September 30th, 2013 19:00

Thank you Sujatha K for the quick responce. I tried what you said, but it still came up with the same message it did before.

Is there anything else that i could try to get this working?

-Peyton

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 1st, 2013 05:00

Hi Peyton,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please send me a private message with the following information:

• Name (First, Last) 
  • E-mail address 
  • Country 
  • Language 
  • System type 
  • Operating System 
  • Browser Used & Version: 
  • Portal Password 

Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message. Awaiting your response!

May 29th, 2015 00:00

Was this ever resolved? I have been fighting this with Dell since Feb!!! they are clueless and helpless!!!

No Events found!