Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 19th, 2013 12:00

problems with dell inspiron 15 3521 : bios , graphics driver , disk cashe

ok first of all let me start off with audio i bought this laptop earlier this month and i noticed after a week tht one of the speakers wasnt making any sound so i looked it up and most people said its probably a driver or a balance so i checked all sorts of sound tests balance left speaker right speaker mute or not mute (only the left speaker works) i uninstalled the drivers (realtek) tried it out with the trusted(sarcasm) windows 8 drivers  only sound tht came was left side i also checked it with it dell diagnostics  both  in windows and before windows it showed tht everything was perfect and the bios dell diagnostics had a sound check so i tried that and only had sound in the left one (so im guessing its not a windows problem).So if i have missed sumthing here pls enlighten me also i havent installed vlc or wutever sound mods so i didnt blow it up infact i dont think i ever even made my sound volume goto 100.

Second problem is the damn grahics driver first time i opened my laptop it told me to check my graphics driver and started acting out (my screen was blurry) so i tried to install the latest driver which didnt help so i returned the laptop and got a new one..same problem after which i discovered that theres a specific driver that it recommended which works.Now  if any of you r assuming that oh so what just cuz the graphics driver isnt up todate it should atleast perform normally not act like sumthings broken or overheated ...well no it does anyho  the problem is it still sumtimes asks me to check my catalyst (it doesnt open anything when i click it) but thts about it it works great other then tht and im not sure if this is related to the graphics or disk bt sumtimes it automatically deselects and selects on whatever im doing (mostly on firefox) also tht problem was on my first laptop bt it was very frequent
which leads us the the third problem disk...the system is great other then all of these problem bt sumtimes i noticed it starts hanging only in the startup and reason behind it is i noticed that on my task manager the disk goes full 100% usage mostly cuz of system and the pre antivirus loaded on it bt im guessin thts a windows 8 problem i dont really knw

OH and i almost forgot about the bios yeah when i got my second laptop on like the third day there was an error which i woke up to i had left my laptop on over night on a normal surface meaning it didnt heat up or anything..it wasnt hot anyho it was sum random error which i restarted my pc the dell screen came and then a black screen it said checking media then FAIL
then it said checking media FAIL and it booted normally and it does tht every day since then of course the diagnostics and everything else works fine it says everything is fine TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT GO AWAY

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 19th, 2013 16:00

yes it was the pre windows dell dignostics the one u get from f12 wen u turn the pc on

That might have been the PSA diagnostics. The Dell 32-bit Diagnostics audio tests play a short piece of music, but the PSA tests just play the system tones. Anyway, you wrote "and the bios dell diagnostics had a sound check so i tried that and only had sound in the left one". If you did not hear audio in the right speaker during the diagnostics then the speaker needs to be replaced.

bt it nevr said it self tht the speakers have a problem it said everything was fine

It doesn't matter what the tests says -- it just matters if you can hear the audio the tests play. If you can't hear it then there is a hardware problem.

and what abt the error its also before windows start ...black screen then it says checking media then fail whats tht abt

Sorry I only know about audio. This is the Dell Laptop Audio discussion board. You might want to post on one or more of the other boards with your other questions.

Laptop general Hardware board

Microsoft OS board

12 Posts

November 22nd, 2013 07:00

salam walikum
go on the dell support http://www.dell.com/support/my-support/us/en/19/
enter ur service tag which should be behind your laptop or click the detect button
and then download the graphics drivers ( it will be better if you download everything tht is recommended for your product)
only those driver will work anything else will not work let say u went to amd s website and downloaded the latest drivers,they wont work

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 19th, 2013 14:00

and the bios dell diagnostics had a sound check so i tried that and only had sound in the left one

I can't tell which diagnostics you used. If it was the Dell 32- bit Diagnostics audio test and the speaker failed then it is a hardware failure and the speaker has to be replaced. You can confirm it by restoring the laptop to the original factory configuration. If the speaker still does not work then that confirms hardware failure, but if you used Dell Diagnostics audio tests you don't need confirmation.

Sorry but I can't help with the other problems. I would probably restore the laptop to the original factory configuration and if the problems remained after that I would send it back for refund or replacement if still within the return period.

12 Posts

May 19th, 2013 14:00

yes it was the pre windows dell dignostics the one u get from f12 wen u turn the pc on

bt it nevr said it self tht the speakers have a problem it said everything was fine

and what abt the error its also before windows start ...black screen then it says checking media then fail whats tht abt and thanks for replying

November 19th, 2013 23:00

i have purched dell inspiron 15 3521 i want instal graphics driver we i install graphics driver my lpts occured this massage failed plz solved my problem

1 Message

June 23rd, 2016 21:00

Healt

1 Message

May 17th, 2017 22:00

when you download any update or driver make sure it is the correct format. if your running 32-bit make sure it is 32-bit. 64-bit ensure to download 64-bit

No Events found!