Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

January 14th, 2017 05:00

question about warranty

Hello,

i want to ask a question about my laptop warranty and need an answer

i bought my dell Inspiron at 20/09/2016 and i got a small problem so i needed to use my warranty,

when i browsed on DELL site by Service Tag , i found that the warranty started 29/1/2016 and will finish 29/1/2017

so i want to know how it started before my buy day? and if that mean it was used before i bought it?

i am from Cairo - Egypt , and they said i will get 1 year since i bought and that no problem to go to them by it to cheek it

but i want to understand how it started before i buying it.

thank you

Bassem

17 Posts

Okay, thank you Ejn63 , that mean that the warranty start at dell by the date of dealer purchased, they told me as that at me but i want to sure, thank you.

And about the dell support at me , dell main support sent me this file by all official at me, thank you.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/CIS_5F00_repair_5F00_centers_5F00_EGYPT.pdf:550:0]

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

There isn't an official Dell support presence in Egypt so your support is through your dealer.

The system must have sat with the dealer or distributor for quite some time before you purchased it -- not uncommon, but Dell starts the warranty with the ship date by default.

No Events found!