Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2016 13:00

"No Bootable Devices" on startup- Dell Latitude e6530 win10

Hello

I recently upgraded my Latitude e6530 from win7 to win10, after a month or so I started experiencing getting a endless loop of "system recovery" startups that I struggled with- after that went unsolved for 3 days and left me laptopless, it managed to boot up properly once, then after I thought i'd try to defragment my drivers and pray I closed it for the night only to reopen it the next day to a black screen that says "No Bootable devices" then options like f1 to retry, f2 for setup utility, and f5 to open the preboot system assessment. none of these options have lead to any answers.

so now i'm using a friends laptop to ask for help- I tried looking for results by searching for win10 issues for days so I thought id try looking into the actual laptop for things like how to factory reset if it comes to that or for different "f1-f12" startup options that I don't know about. I don't know, i'm clueless at this point.

I'm sure it has to do with the windows system- like somehow my computer doesn't have any operating system on it? I don't know, If possible I'd like to resolve this without losing my files and stuff but i'm willing to lose them all if needed

any help is appreciated.

June 17th, 2016 19:00

Hi Bendelvalle

Thanks for writing to us. 

Please disconnect the charger and charger, hold down the power button for 15 secs and then put back the charger and battery, restart the machine and tap on f2. If the system goes into BIOS please check if the dvd drive and HD are detected. 

If any of them say None, please re-seat the drives and check again. 

Do provide us your system tag# email address and name via private message, to update in the case.

June 18th, 2016 21:00

Hi We are awaiting your response

No Events found!