Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

September 24th, 2009 03:00

"Please uninstall current Bluetooth installation before continuing" R140135 Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR)

I had preciously been able to connect my Motorola S9 headphone to Windows 7. Today I try to listen to some music, and the options in the bluetooth options wouldn't turn on bluetooth audio. I go into Dell.com and download the drivers and reinstalled. It didn't work so I uninstalled the bluetooth from my system, rebooted, and reinstalled again only to come to this message: "Please uninstall current Bluetooth installation before continuing". The bluetooth drivers are for the Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR). When I go into uninstall programs it shows WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 6.0.1.3100 that when I try to uninstall gives an error message. That message is internal error 2203 C:\Windows\installer\390310.ipi-2147287035. Is there a removal tool that can be used on this? I have checked the Broadcom site and have attempted to download their most recent driver but it only goes so far before issuing a warning that I'm using a Dell and can't have the most recent driver. Interesting that the "New" driver on Dells site is going on 2 years old.

Please try to respond with helpful information to fix this problem. I've seen typical responses such as "Did you reboot?", "Oh it's Windows 7 too bad.", "Is it the current driver?" Yes it's been rebooted, yes it has worked fine with Windows 7 at one point in time, and yes the drivers are fresh off of Dells driver page. One more, System Restore is not an option. I'm about out of room on the drive and Windows conveniently deleted all the restore points to make more room.

I appreciate anyone who has a hint as to what's going on.Thanks!

47 Posts

September 25th, 2009 10:00

When contacting Dell tech support they try to push off the issue and refuse to help. 1st they try to push off on Windows 7, Well it's not a Win7 issue it's the fact that to re install the software you have to first completely be able to uninstall it first. 2nd they try to claim it's a connection issue with pairing devices and they will transfer me over to paid support while I already have full chat warranty support. So Dell hell support is of course useless as usual.

No Events found!