Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2016 17:00

screen flashes/flickers on Inspiron 15 5000 series

I've updated bios and drivers and anything else I can think of.

Suggestions?

2K Posts

April 19th, 2016 02:00

Hi CHMCBRIDE,

What is the exact system model? What is the OS installed on the system? When did the issue start? Are there any bluescreens / system crashes? What application are you using when the screen flickers? 

Please check with an external monitor.

Also, run a stress test on the system - http://dell.to/1Lj1alh

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

If the system is under warranty, then contact us via Twitter - @dellcares for faster communication or write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details. If there is no warranty, then we can help with a paid service call if required.

Keep us updated.

3 Posts

April 19th, 2016 07:00

is the ticket number.

3 Posts

April 19th, 2016 07:00

I spent 1:20 hr/min with Martin last night.  We ran diagnostics and he updated/reinstalled a driver.  I still have the problem.  Service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> | Express Service Code: <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>.

Martin ensured me there would be a ticket created.  I haven't heard from him on what the ticket number is, but I still have the problem 

Problem occurs in any application and has happened since taking it out of the box when I purchased in Sept.  It's still under warranty. 

Do you have access to see the test he ran last night?

2K Posts

April 20th, 2016 05:00

Hi CHMCBRIDE,

As advised in my previous post, please check the system with an external monitor and see if the screen flickering is seen on both the external monitor and internal LCD.

Based on this we can isolate the source of the issue and book a service call as required.

I have also informed Martin about the case and he would be following up with you.

You could also, send me a private message with your contact details and address once you have tested the system with an external monitor.

Keep us updated.

P.S. Kindly do not post the service tag or any personal details on this thread, as it would display your personal info on a public space.

No Events found!