Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2016 13:00

some keyboard stopped working

Dear all,                                                             

These (MJU7NHY6) keys in my laptop dell (Inspiron 11-3000 series) keyboard stopped working this May 13. They wouldn’t function unless pressed so hard. I bought laptop last year and it's new.

The onscreen keyboard is working fine. I updated the keyboards driver but it didn’t help. I’m not aware of any liquid that may have spilled over the keyboard. Maintenance shops where I'm seem they can’t help. Some said would give it a try and remove the keyboard to see if they can identify and solve the problem but said that there’s a chance it may screw up the whole keyboard. Please advise what to do. Enclosed is a snapshot of the keys in questions.

I appreciate your advice.

here's a snapshot of the keys in question: 

Best,

May 27th, 2016 22:00

Hi SHUAIBALMOSAWA 

Thanks for writing to us. 

If possible please an external keyboard if the issue is the same then its a software issue. If it works fine, then its a keyboard issue. 

If your system is under warranty, please PM us the system tag# by clicking on name in blue and then send a private message.

Await your response. 

Regards

May 28th, 2016 20:00

Hi we are awaiting your response.

3 Posts

July 6th, 2016 02:00

Hi I am experiencing the same problem my (1QAZ SHIFT CAPSLOCK) keys doesnt always work. Only sometimes work after pressing it continously. I have tried it with an external keyboard and have no problems then.

No Events found!