Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

April 15th, 2012 23:00

something wrong with my Dell N5110!

Hello everybody.

My laptop is a Dell 15R N5110 core i7 VGA GF525M, i've just bought it 4 months ago, and now it appeares to have a problem.

Recently, the fan of my lap suddenly ran so fast and so loud and then it stopped, after that, my laptop slowed down unreasonably (the right click is slow, the nexus dock lagged... - my OS is Win 7). When i restarted the system, sometime it returned to normal, but sometime it didn't. In this case, the only way that i've found out to bring the system back to normal is to reinstall the VGA driver (Nvidia GF 525M). By doing this, my laptop's worked perfectly for a month, but unfortunately, the issue has returned after that. 

I have updated to the newest Bios but it's still not a solution. Please help!

1 Message

April 16th, 2012 00:00

try to use drivers for nvidia GF 525 version 268.30

i tryed to use the newest drivers from nvidia but when i checked Windows Experience Index

the vga index and 3d index was from 6.6 to 5.9.

so try 268.30 drivers version

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 16th, 2012 02:00

Yugilord,

You updated the BIOS.

Try running the full diagnostics. There is a test for the fans there. How to Run the Dell™ Diagnostics Utility

Report bacvk any error messages.

Rick

3 Posts

April 16th, 2012 07:00

Hello  PudgyOne

Thank you for your concern, i have just checked my system using Dell Diagnostics Utility and there is nothing wrong with my hardware, every devices passed the test.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 16th, 2012 10:00

Yugilord,

Hardware passed so it could be a driver issue or something else.

Are you seeing any processor spikes or anything?

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware update it and do a quick scan. Post back the log if it finds anything.

What virus program are you using?

Rick

3 Posts

April 17th, 2012 04:00

So far i haven't detected any spikes from my CPU even when the problem occurred, now i'm using Kaspersky internet security.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 17th, 2012 09:00

Yugilord,

Did Malwarebytes find anything?

Rick

No Events found!