Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

5 Posts

January 18th, 2009 12:00

sound driver problem

Hi All,

First post. I have a Dell Vostro 1510 which i am extremely pleased with but one small problem i have is that when i attempt to open Adobe Premiere Elements which i have installed then an error message appears saying 'the currently installed soundcard driver does not support Direct Sound Input. Recording audio is not possible'. the programme then loads but as soon as i try to do anything the same message appears again and the programme stops responding meaning all i can do is close the programme. i searched for driver updates via the windows tool and the dell site but both say my driver is up to date. does anyone have any idea whatsoever what is wrong and what i can do to access my edit software?!

many thanks

chris

4.6K Posts

January 19th, 2009 13:00

Unfortunately, the on-board audio used in laptops, don't offer anything like all the features of dedicated soundcards in desktops.

So if Adobe Premiere Elements needs a soundcard which supports Direct Sound, you may have to invest in an external/hardware audio solution - i.e. a PCMCIA or ExpressCard?

But Direct Sound is a component of DirectX - so try updating/reinstalling DirectX first, to see if it makes any difference?

5 Posts

January 29th, 2009 12:00

the advice is much appreciated friend, thanks

chris

No Events found!