Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2011 11:00

turn off internal screen with [Fn] + [D]

After reinstalling my Latitude E6500 with new downloaded Drivers und Control Point Software I miss a feature. On the old installation I could turn off the internal screen by pressing [Fn] + :emotion-46: wich now is not possible. So how can I get back this little feature?

PS: I want definitly to turn of the screen by hand an not by time ;)

3.8K Posts

November 29th, 2011 00:00

Hi Berndhans,

Welcome to the Community. First if you just reinstalled windows, check on how to install windows in the correct order, or some devices make not work properly.

support.dell.com/.../document

There is no quickset app for this system. So Press the F2 key at the Dell logo on startup, move to Post Behavior, move to Keypad ( Embedded ) and make sure its set to FN key Only, press esc and save changes and exit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

2 Posts

November 29th, 2011 06:00

Well I think the Software is installed correctly. It's no problem to use Fn + F2 for standby or Fn + F8 for switching display modes (only internal, only external, cloning, ...). What I miss are the old key combinations listed here:

They were working with the old installation of "Dell Control Point"-Manager on Win7 x64 and I used them a lot. With the new software I do have a short cut in Windows System Control (in german "Systemsteuerung", i hope my translation matches the point ;) ).

screenshot: imageshack.us/.../screenshotua.jpg

There is no Fn + D listed and I can't add a key combination (if possible I want to define a combination for starting a batch/script)

Thanks for any help ;)

No Events found!