Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2013 01:00

upgrade my hard-disk

I have inspiron 1520 and i want to replace the current 120 gb hard-disk. Can anyone help me out to find what are the points i need to consider before replacing my HDD. How can i know the maximum size of HDD compatible with my laptop? 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 5th, 2013 04:00

Any 2.5" 7- or 9.5 mm SATA notebook hard drive (or hybrid or solid state) drive will work.

2 Posts

December 5th, 2013 04:00

Salve invece sul nuovo inspiron 15 serie 7000 é possibile aggiungere un ulteriore hard disk di tipo ssd? 

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

December 5th, 2013 05:00

For a performance boost I recommend a Crucial M500:

http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/Dell-memory/Inspiron+Laptops%2FNotebooks/Inspiron+1520-upgrades.html

The Solid State Drive costs more per GB than a conventional hard drive but the performance enhancements are worth it.

Crucial also have some recommendations for internal hard drives if you don't want the Solid State Drive.

2 Posts

December 5th, 2013 11:00

But i want a ssd hard disk... I would like know if in new Dell inspiron 15-7537 i can Mont number tuo hard disk... One normal And one Ssd..? 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 5th, 2013 12:00

The only way to mount two, 2.5" drives is to replace the DVD drive with an adapter that takes the non-boot drive (you can install a storage drive that way but you WILL NOT be able to boot the system from a drive mounted in such an adapter).

Some third parties supply dvd bay adapters - www.newmodeus.com

is one of them.

4 Posts

December 11th, 2013 11:00

i was looking for a new internal Hard disk for replacement and i came across WD 1 TB Laptop Internal Hard Drive (WD10JPVT/WD10JPVX). In one of the reviews for this product it was written that this is a new 4K format drive and we should check whether BIOS and SATA controller can handle this format.

Can you help me out on how to check the compatibility of this product with my BIOS and SATA controller?

No Events found!