Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

October 31st, 2013 02:00

vostro v131 battery not charging up to 100%

Yesterday I started to have issues with charging battery to full (100%). I was able to charge only it to 91%. I used it at my work and it was low charge level (under 20% for sure). I connected it again and now it charged only to 68%. Message is same on taskbar "plugged in, not charging"

The battery and laptop is almost 2 years old. The wear level on battery is 13% (Designed Cap.:65'002 mWh, Full Charge Cap.:57'198, Current Cap.: 38628) via HW Monitor.

Dell Battery meter says Battery Health "performing normally". Charger is fine and 65W.

I runned dell diagnostics (on boot f12) got results in picture. Bios is last version A06.

What should I do?

4 Posts

October 31st, 2013 02:00

I will follow guide Posted byDell-Jyotpal F on 9 Aug 2013 3:19 PM in thread  http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19520074.aspx

Should i really let it run to 0%? It will hibernate at 5% or 10%, right?

118 Posts

October 31st, 2013 04:00

Hi janis23,

Let’s try the following steps and see if this helps.

Right click on the Battery icon -> choose 'Battery Health Meter' -> choose 'Longevity mode' tab -> Click 'Charge battery to 100% onetime' (refer screenshot)

Once done, restart the computer and check if you get the same message "plugged in, not charging'.

Please reply with the findings.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted. I'll be glad to assist.

4 Posts

October 31st, 2013 04:00

Hmm, i have newest bios, my dell and quickest, but i don't have tabs "Longevity mode" and "Desktop mode". Why so?

Right now, i am cooling down battery (empty-5%) to charge it full, but I remember i didn't have this tabs.

Update:

I have quickset version 10.09.25 and Dell Driver doesn't give option of newer version. So where is the problem?

118 Posts

November 1st, 2013 02:00

Hi janis23,

Please share the operating system installed.

It might be possible that the option for longitivity mode and the Desktop mode is not available in your system as these are operating system specific. Let’s try the following steps and see if this helps:

• Disconnect the adapter from the system and keep the system powered only on the battery till the battery completely gets discharged.
  • Disconnect the battery from the system and leave it disconnected for at least 2-3 hours.
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter and recharge the battery for at least 12-14 hours. Make sure you just need to recharge the battery only.
  • Try using the system after the step number is performed.
  •  Now check if the issue with the battery is resolved.

Revert back with the findings.

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2013 05:00

w7 64 byte version. I did your guide, but its still only 66%. I assume one cell is broken if its on 66%?

~15% wear level + 1 of 6 cells dead is around missing 34% juice.

No Events found!