Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2014 11:00

webcam issues

I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how to download the webcam software to my laptop. My webcam option is gone and I cant figure out how to make my webcam work again.

3 Apprentice

• 

39 Posts

June 12th, 2014 12:00

Hi aliceromero,

Thanks for reaching out on the forum. You can download the webcam application from the link below: http://bit.ly/1v5i2iY. Please let me know if you have any other queries.

June 12th, 2014 20:00

Have the same problem myself.  Have looked at so many web pages that I have lost count trying and find "Dell Webcam Central Software" to no avail.  If by some fluke accident you find and download it yourself, please shoot me an email at<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed as per privacy policy>.  I wouldn't try the link suggested myself, have had my fill of virus/trogan/malware problems and not going offshore for software.  Hope you have better luck than I have, at least so far.

3 Apprentice

• 

39 Posts

June 16th, 2014 09:00

Hi oldtgeezer-,

Thanks for reaching out on the forum. You can try the link: ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe.This is a direct ftp link. It’s tried and tested, will assure you that you need not to worry about any kind of infections getting downloaded. If you have any other concerns please let me know.

June 19th, 2014 18:00

Downloaded link, unzipped, still no access to built in webcam on my XPS 15z.   Any other suggestions?????

3 Apprentice

• 

39 Posts

June 20th, 2014 07:00

Hi oldtgeezer-,
The files will get unzipped to the location C:\dell\drivers\R230103.So please navigate to the location and double click on .exe file and install the application.Once the installation complete you will have acess to webcam central application.Reach out if you have any queries.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 20th, 2014 21:00

oldtgeezer,

Please continue with Dell-Vasudev R

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers and Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

June 20th, 2014 21:00

Got to location C:\dell\drivers\R230103. No .exe extension after the xxx103 file, so I double clicked on the 103 file for the subfiles.  Still no .exe extensions.  Unzipped all sorts of those subfiles with out finding an .exe file that would enable the camera.  Still lost. Still reaching out because I am still at a loss as what to do for the next step.  Thanks for your patience.

3 Apprentice

• 

39 Posts

June 23rd, 2014 07:00

Hi oldtgeezer-,

Sorry for the delay in response due to my off days.Since we are unable to install the application,if you says yes I can take remote acess and check the software.I work from 5AM to 2PM Central daylight time.Pease let a know a suitable time,so that i can take remote acess and fix the issue.

Community Manager

• 

28 Posts

June 28th, 2014 14:00

Hi oldtgeezer-,

Awaiting for your response to check this further.

June 29th, 2014 17:00

Very busy with other issues right now, just loaded new windows and can't even get on line with the laptop.  Trying to build a large shed for storage of household items and - and - and.  Will get back to you when I have more time to play with the laptop.  Using my desktop computer for all online use now.  Thank you so much for following up on the original issue, will keep your e-mail so I will have someone in case I get the laptop going but still have webcam issues.

June 29th, 2014 23:00

There might be hardware failure, so recheck it . 

Community Manager

• 

28 Posts

July 1st, 2014 16:00

Hi oldtgeezer-,

Sure, feel free to reach out to us, should you need any assistance from us in future.
Happy to assist.

No Events found!