Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2015 14:00

wev_exclude_list_reason_802_11_auth_failure error on Wireless or WiFi Window7 inspiron 14z n411z

Error or Problem:  WEV_EXCLUDE_LIST_REASON_802_11_AUTH_FAILURE

I have noticed this error after unloading Dell Inspiron n411z or 14z original or factory drivers and loading Intel ProSet Wireless drivers from Dell drivers site .

Wireless Card/Adapter: Intel Centrino Wireless-N1030, 1x2 bgn (2.4GHz) + Bluetooth

Microsoft Window7

It has taken me long hours and days to find a workaround for this problem.  There are only few citations for this type of error or problem on the INTERNET.

This  problem has been tested to repeat when I connect to multiple WiFi Access Points / Wireless Routers.  Hence it is not an isolated case to a single router or model.

Possible reasons:

• The driver does not support WPA2 wireless encryption

Workaround:

1. I have changed the wireless security setting on the router to WPA from WPA2 (AES/TKIP)
  2. Then this error disappears

Question:

1. Why doesn't the driver support WPA2?  If it does, why does this error occur.
  2. How can one use WPA2 on this driver and hardware.  Since WPA2 is superior and more secure than WPA.

1.8K Posts

June 22nd, 2015 13:00

Hi,

I've seen a few people posting with issues about older Intel drivers lately.   Intel came out with a new version of most of their drivers, including one for the N1030.

You didn't list whether your Win7 is 32-bit or 64-bit versions but here is a link to the driver downloads for the Intel N1030 card.  You can select the correct version you need and download / install.  

A lot of people have seen various issues resolved by updating to the newer 17.xx version of the drivers for their Intel cards.   Try it and see if it helps you.

Let us know how it goes.

Todd

No Events found!