Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2013 02:00

what is a btt.balloon.dll?

recently i have recovered my laptop (studio 1747, win 7, 64 bit) from a virus and after a brief period of time I realized that there was a missing operation or program called a btt.balloon.dll and I'm wondering what is this program and how do I recover it again?

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

February 3rd, 2013 19:00

Hi roguestatus,

The bt.balloon.dll is related to the Bluetooth software. I suggest you to reinstall the Bluetooth drivers and application from the following link by entering the Service Tag and selecting the version of Windows:
http://dell.to/QjjZDA

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

February 4th, 2013 12:00

I'm not sure where else to look under driver and downloads, i downloaded the dell application under networks, but other than that I'm not sure what else would be bluetooth related.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

February 5th, 2013 01:00

Hi roguestatus,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. Please provide a screenshot of the devices listed in Device Manager and the version of Windows, so that I can provide the appropriate driver and application.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 5th, 2013 10:00

roguestatus,

I just searched my system for bt.balloon.dll and it's located at...

C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software

Please follow the instructions that DELL-Rajath N is providing.

You may have to download the bluetooth drivers and save them to your desktop. Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. Under network, download the bluetooth drivers and save them to your desktop.

Make a system restore point. You can try my suggestion below. If it doesn't work, you can come back to what you have.

Start, control panel, device manager. Under network adapter, right click on your bluetooth adapter, left click uninstall. Tell it to remove the drivers and software.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and you may have to delete the WIDCOMM folder.

Restart your computer.

When you log in, the new hardware wizard will try to install your device. Install the drivers save to your desktop.

What happens?

Rick

No Events found!