Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JP

January 19th, 2017 14:00

wifi drops when i turn on bluethooth

if i am making a speed test , and the bluethooth is on, it will download at 0.5mb/s , as soon as i turn my bluethoot off it goes up to 20mb p/s. dell changed the wifi card and still the same.

i have installed : dell wirless 1830 bluethooth 4.1 le

I HAVE DELL XPS 9550 WIN 10PRO

SOMEBODY HELP!!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 19th, 2017 14:00

Since there is a Bluetooth Network Adapter and Bluetooth, which one did you turn off?  The Bluetooth switch on the Bluetooth Settings page, which stops both or the Bluetooth Network Adapter?

The Airplane mode turns of both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so I assume that is not involved.

What type of transfer were you doing?

The replacement device was another Dell Wireless and not Intel?

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi use similar frequencies, any chance some type of interference is happening?  Since the radios are on the same card, it might be more related to an antenna..

532 Posts

January 19th, 2017 15:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community. In regards to the issue that you are facing, you may consider re-installing the wireless and Bluetooth drivers.

Let us know the exact wireless card installed in the system. If you are not aware, please provide us service tag and the registered owner’s name of the system via private message, so that we can assist you with the drivers. 

January 19th, 2017 15:00

ii am using the bluethooth for external jbl speaker, but i have tried to connect the bluethooth to the phone and send some file ,  at the same time make a speed test. it is super slow. 0.5 mb p/s. Inmediatly i turn off the bluethooth icon that is at the corner of my screen where  the icons for turn on/off the airplane mode, the VPN icon, the wifi icon are..etc. internet connection starts going fast again.  21mb p/s

dell technician changed the wifi/bluethoot  card for another the same model that my xps had

I think they dont have a clue of what is wrong...  

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 19th, 2017 19:00

I need to know how your are testing.  

You threw the phone into the mix, have you turned off the Bluetooth on it?

January 20th, 2017 07:00

how do i do private message?

my service tag is:

XPS 15 9550

and the drivers i have are:

dell wirless 1830 802.11ac  version: 1.566.0.0, date : 4/1/2016

dell wireless 1830 bluethooth 4.1 LE Manufacter: Broafcom, Ubication: Port_#0004.hub_0001

About the phone , it is the same as with the speaker. I just have to turn off the bluethoot and the wifi download speed will go up inmediatly.

January 20th, 2017 08:00

i used dell's page with my service tag and account and downloaded the drivers for bluethooth, wifi and ethernet (dont know what is this last) but those are the drivers dell told me to download. But everithing is the same.

532 Posts

January 20th, 2017 10:00

Hi. Thank you for sharing the details. We see that you’ve already contacted our technical support team. They’ve already troubleshot the system and informed that the system needs to be collected to the depot to have the system diagnosed and replace the necessary parts. We request you to reply to their email to proceed further. We’ll send an email to the team from our end.

No Events found!