Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2012 04:00

windows 8 problem with screen

Hi! I installed windows 8 on my dell inspiron N5110 with intel graphics hd 3000 2nd generation.

When the installation finishes (successfully) all i get in my laptop is a black screen but when conencting it to a tv with hdmi, i see the windows 8 on the tv. 

i install the newest drivers for the gpu and it is correctly installed (according to windows check)

but i still don't see the windows on my laptop screen.

can anyone help me?

Thanks! 

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

November 10th, 2012 05:00

Hi jdorfsman,

Welcome to the Community,

It looks like the graphics card is working fine as you're able to get display on the TV.

Disconnect the HDMI cable from the laptop and try running the Pre-Boot System Assessment Test .To run the test turn off your system,press and hold down Fn key,while holding it down,press power button to turn on system.

Did you get display on the system screen? If yes the LCD screen seems to be fine.

If you don't get any display but hear some beep sounds,that means the test is running and its an issue with the system LCD screen.

Let me know your findings.

1 Message

November 12th, 2012 14:00

I had the same problem and found that I needed to update the bios.  On the Dell site check for updates for your computer and there should be one for the bios.

September 27th, 2013 20:00

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue, my Dell laptop display is not working. The graphics seems to be good as it is working when I connected my laptop with TV using HDMI. 

As mentioned in your post, I pressed "Fn" key and turned on my lap by pressing power button. I couldn't get the display on the system screen and I am hearing only the beep sound for 4 to 5 times and the system is powered off automatically.

After this step, I again connected the HDMI cable from laptop to TV and powered on the lap. The system is not booting and I am hearing only the beep sound.

Could you please help me to rectify this issue?

Your earlier response is much appreciated.

Thanks!

No Events found!