Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2013 12:00

windows media center

somehow i loaded pictures into the music library. how do i access and delete them?

• 

3.3K Posts

February 28th, 2013 22:00

Hi berzerkr,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

3 Posts

March 1st, 2013 08:00

i went to control panel folder options selected  "show hidden files, folders, drives"  this revealed the default libraries i then deleted all the pictures from the music library. all is good.

• 

3.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2013 20:00

Hi berzerkr,

I suggest that you click Start and click on Computer.  In the left pan of ‘Computer’ window highlight Music listed under ‘Libraries’. On the right pane all the files stored in the library will be listed. Please delete whichever file you want to delete. Let me know if that did it.

To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA

3 Posts

February 24th, 2013 14:00

did not work. the only library listed is "new". i believe there should be four default libraries: documents, music, pictures, and videos. none are listed. also thought windows would recognize audio files and send them to music library and also recognize jpeg files and send them to pictures library. this has not been the case. all were lumped into documents folder and subsequently the music folder of media center. anyhow i deleted all and will attempt again. thank-you for responding.

• 

3.3K Posts

February 27th, 2013 01:00

Hi berzerkr,

I recommend you to right click on the Libraries and from the drop down list select ‘Restore Default libraries’. Check  if you are able to access the folders.

I also recommend you to create a new user account as an administrator and check if the folders are listed under libraries in Windows Explorer.

Please find the link below  for instructions to create new account:

http://bit.ly/rjFDns

Revert for further assistance.

No Events found!