Re: xps 14 ultrabook fan noise

Jump to solution

Hi Quarks,

I request you to private message me your system service tag number. To private message accept my friend request, click on my user name and click start conversation. This will help us to take the issue further.

Please let me know in case of any other queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

Thanks and Regards,
Harish R
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

0 Kudos
pblakk
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've had my XPS 14 for about 4 days and have yet to even hear the fan even when pretty warm on the bottom.  Is there a way to verify my fans are even working properly? Is there approved software that will indicate the fans are operational?

0 Kudos
Quarks
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi pblakk,

read the above info how to run the diagnostic program. Your post means that eihter your fan is working perfectly and my fan is damaged or your fan is broken. I hope the first meaning is applicable.

greetings

Frank

0 Kudos
pblakk
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Is there an onboard Dell diagnostics program that will test everything on the XPS 14?  If so, how do we run this?  And will it test the fans?

0 Kudos
Quarks
1 Copper

Jump to solution

If you boot up your system you have to press F12 to get the boot options. There is a diagnostic system selection. And yes, the fan test is included.

0 Kudos
pblakk
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks!

SimonShaw
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Also got an XPS 14 with a very noisy fan. Called tech support and they came out and replaced it. The guy didn't wait though and it's STILL noisy.

Now tech support won't replace it as they say the problem will in all likelihood stay.

I cannot recommend the XPS 14 because of this.  (And we have around 200 Dell laptops in house).

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

SimonShaw

I may be able to help. Please shoot me a private message, just click on the link in my signature and then click start conversation.  In your message please include your name, address, and phone number and I will be happy to research possible service options.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Quarks
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Please let me know if there is a solution for this fan problem...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SimonShaw
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell support refused to send a second tech out, they said the problem probably would not go away. (They seemed to be hinting this noise is normal).

In any case, our account manager is supplying a refund for the unit.

BIOS upgrade to A11 also did not fix this.

0 Kudos