Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2009 08:00

xps 2010 not starting (black Screen)

Hi my xps 2010 is not starting up and "hangs on " at a black screen.  on the board only the 2 extreme lights are on (power and wifi) the disk activiy only lits up for 1 second and stops.  I tried to press F8 for rebooting but nothing.  Also the dvd is not opening up so i cannot insert a reboot CD....

What can i do ?

7 Posts

July 13th, 2009 11:00

Mine is the exact problem. I am fortunate to have purchased the extended warranty, and so will be attempting solutions today. They told me to hook up my old monitor to see if it is a video card or monitor problem, but it is not.

If I learn anything, I will reply.

Regards,

SRO

7 Posts

July 25th, 2009 14:00

In case you haven't had any help yet, the problem turned out to be a defective Video Card. It was replaced & all is fine.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 26th, 2009 14:00

Did you notice on boot if the bluetooth light flashes 10x periodically? I have a very similar issue

1 Message

December 7th, 2009 12:00

Mine appeared to develop same problems after 2 years.  They have replaced the motherboard, video card, blue tooth chip, keyboard, and mouse.  What fixed the bluetooth problem was a bios update.  However, I now have same video problem even after the video card replacement.  So, the computer is on its way to their depot for analysis.  Hopefully I can share the repair with fellow users.

30 Posts

November 13th, 2010 09:00

Ive had this exact problem 3 times in the last 3 months. This is the 3rd time. I have also had all of the above replaced. What exactly was their solution at the Depot? Did they format your hard drives? Thank you in advance for any information.

No Events found!