Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2013 06:00

xps l702x wont boot

OK i have a dell xps17 (l702x) laptop  recently had a problem with it , that is it wouldn't start up and when i turn it on after 2 seconds it would just crash , so i changed the motherboard , processor and and it fixed the problem to some extent .. now my problem is i that when i turn on it loads to a certain extent then when it reaches the windows start-up logo it would just crash and restart again . so i tried the diagnostic  test available by pressing F12 it dint show any problem .. looks like my windows got corrupted due to the sudden crash earlier 

i tried to boot from the windows repair disc but it wouldn't boot ( i did change the boot up to cd / dvd) then i tried to boot up from the windows 7 disc , it would say "press any key to boot from cd or ddvd " after doing so it would load the files and and crash again at windows start up . i even tried the safe mode option . it wouldn't load it completely and get stuck , i tried to restore to the last good backup it would still get stuck at windows startup .

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 31st, 2013 05:00

Hi humanflash,

I would suggest that you clean the pins on the RAM and reseat the RAM on the system or install one RAM at a time on the system and check for the issue.

Please let me know if this helps.

5 Posts

April 1st, 2013 01:00

I installed new ram yet the same problem

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 2nd, 2013 07:00

Hi humanflash,

Good work on the troubleshooting, I would like to know if the system is getting overheated. Also please run the extended test on the RAM on the system.

5 Posts

April 2nd, 2013 08:00

There is no overheating problem at all everything inside the laptop is changed like literally , I ran the pre boot up test which is for half hour to 45 mins still no problem it says

5 Posts

Hi humanflash,

I suggest you to format the hard drive using any other computer and then again install windows from CD or pen drive.

Once I had the similar kind of problem in my dekstop.I could not login using safe mode also. So I just took out my hard drive, install it in another computer (my friends)  parallel  with other hard drive, it detected like a pen drive ,format it (just right click on that drive and format),took it out again reinstall it in my PC.At that time the installation of windows was  smooth and steady.

Regards,

S R MOULIK

5 Posts

Is there no way to repair windows ? I mean using another parallel pc by connecting it and detecting as a portable hard disk then repairing the corrupted files of windows ?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 4th, 2013 12:00

Hi humanflash,

I would like you to disconnect the hard drive from the system and boot the system to check if the system is restarting when you turn on the system.

5 Posts

April 4th, 2013 12:00

I got an error as IRQL_not_less_or_equal At the blue screen of death Goggled it up .. Which turns out to be a problem with the anti virus shutting down suddenly causing it to corrupt with some other program's So I gave it to the dell service centre for repair , looks like the only thing to do is formatting the hard disk

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 7th, 2013 09:00

Hi humanflash,

Please let me know if you face any concerns after you receive the system.

No Events found!