Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

December 17th, 2009 21:00

xps m1330 battery: "consider replacing your battery"

Hi, my laptop is just 11 months old and had no problems on the performance until i encountered this battery problem. for the past 3 days, i've been noticing that the battery life runs fast, i just do internet surfing and web messenger that's all. it approximately lasts about 30 mins with continuous usage and then it will prompt me to plug in the ac adapter. and then yesterday, when i plugged in the ac, i noticed the red x mark on the battery icon and it says, (plugged in, charging) and a note below that says something like the battery is not properly working and the computer may just shut down at anytime and the message "consider replacing your battery".

is there something i can do to solve this problem? anyone who encountered the same problem? please help! :emotion-6:

4.6K Posts

December 18th, 2009 09:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

How long have you owned the XPS M1330?

Laptop batteries degrade over time.  Although many last much longer, just 12 - 18 months is their officially recognised lifespan!

So it could well be that your battery is on its way out, and from your description, is certainly sounds like it to me?  

Unfortunately, the only sure-fire way to find out, is to buy a replacement :emotion-6:

Worse still - they're not cheap!  The cheapest one Dell sells for the XPS M1330 is the 4-cell/35WHr, which costs $130, with the 6-cell/56WHr and 9-cell/85WHr batteries costing $150/$180 respectively!

Thankfully however, the very popular Parts People sell the 9-cell battery from 'just' $79.95 (open box), or $129.95 for a brand new/sealed box version (the same price Dell are asking for the far less capable 4-cell battery!) .

And those prices include S&H as well :emotion-5:

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

December 18th, 2009 10:00

The battery carries a 1-year warranty - if it's less than a year old, contact Dell Tech Support for a warranty replacement.

2 Posts

December 27th, 2009 20:00

Hi TheRealFireblade

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think you're right, the battery's life is reaching its end, it's the same thing that the dealer told me. I'm still trying to stretch my chances of not spending money for a new battery, my laptop is still under warranty so i'm hoping they're (Dell) going to replace the battery for me and skip the troubleshooting steps bec my laptop does not stay on for too long w/o the adapter. :emotion-6:

No Events found!