Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

January 16th, 2011 20:00

xt2 docking station support

Dell's docking station/ media bay or media slice could be a great product for the tablet as this would enhance sales of monitors as customer who would purchase this device tend to be high end users. I am a VP of IS and having to monitors on a mobile device enhances productivity when working with remote servers and developing apps. Also since this device can used as paper which is great for meeting when I need to have diagrams drawn(UML, DFD, ERD, RSD, etc....). I don't know why they don't have better support and push this product as the users for this tablet as it is more pricier than others would cater to the high end business user.

All aside I got one of my staff members to purchase a media bay for me as to use two hi def monitors. it works somewhat well as long as I disable the tablet screen, but the VGA has a slight phase issue and the brightness  and contrast makes it difficult to use the monitor. I had to play with the intel monitor software in the color settings to fix this issue to make it usable. Also before that to support the monitor on the VGA I had to go to intel's site to get the newest driver to support the resolution. The color on the screen is still an issue but I can manage as long I don't don't watch video or graphic editing. It is odd that every other week there new updates for this device but non for the monitor that actually does something.

Also the bios error is odd as dell made the product and it should be compatible with the product. Hopefully it can be fixed with a bios update like how the bluetooth was.

Hopefully I am not asking for much as microsoft in the few years of introducing a tablet os to have strict guidelines in terms of functionality. Other than that I am pleased with this product as it is my first portable to not slow down within the first year and currently I am on year 2. My home machine is 4 year old gateway tablet and I have 2 1200*1920 monitors and there are no issues besides a corrupt sector on the disk recently found.

I have a petition on a site as it might show dell better than just monitoring the forums how this product could have a large market if it is supported to the fullest. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/dell-xt2-tablet-docking-station-support-and-dual-monitor-support/

No Responses!
No Events found!