Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2017 02:00

5759 takes 10 seconds to turn on-is that an issue?

Just aquired an Inspiron 5759 which is great and does everything I want apart from one thing - it takes an eternity (10 seconds) to show anything on the screen and as it doesn't have a power light I thought it wasn't turning on the first few times I pressed the power button so obviously pressed it more times than I should have!

I have seen the thread about switching the light at the front to show the HDD activity but as you have to press the fn and H key every time you turn it on it doesn't really help.

This is a real issue for me so is there any way to make it boot quicker?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 19th, 2017 06:00

* Are you booting with the AC adapter connected to the 2015 laptop?
* Disconnect all external peripherals (USB hard drive, USB keys, printer, etc.) from the laptop to see if the boot time is faster
* The front left LED also indicates power and battery status. You can also turn on Caps Lock LED to verify that the system is on

3 Posts

July 19th, 2017 10:00

Hi Chris

There is absolutely nothing attached to the laptop other than the AC adaptor....and I have tried with it unplugged too.

I have altered the boot speed in the bios and have done the latest bios update and yet it still takes 8 seconds to boot up.

I have to say that I think the lack of a power light is a major oversight. It's not only poor for when the laptop takes so long to boot but it also means that you don't know when it has shut down completely in Windows 10 as there is no light indicator to advise of the fact.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 19th, 2017 12:00

What about just checking the Cap Lock LED to know the power on/off status?

No Events found!