Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2015 17:00

Bluetooth audio receiver no longer works after Windows 8.1 upgrade - Inspiron 3521

The "Music Receiver' appears in device manager. When detecting devices, it is found, status is 'Paired', but when I attempt to connect to it the process fails. With Windows 8.0 it worked fine, when I powered it on the audio would be diverted from the laptop speakers to the receiver. Several times I tried deleting and reinstalling it. Checked device manager Bluetooth area, clicked the 4 Bluetooth options and updated driver, all indicated they were up to date.

I then went to the Dell drivers site for my pc, used auto-detect. It installed 3 including a bios upgrade. Went back to Devices and Printers clicked on the pc icon. The status on the bottom indicated it 'Needs Troubleshooting - Driver Error' I clicked troubleshoot - it found errors on 3 different Bluetooth drivers and attempted to resolve them but they all fail.

I even ran an Intel utility which halted and stated my pc has 'custom drivers' and to contact the manufacturer. At this point I'm thinking I should forget about wireless and connect the headphone output to my stereo - and consider a different product. 

No Responses!
No Events found!