Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

February 6th, 2007 04:00

D620 Video Card Upgrade

please someone help me. i have a d620 and i ran the vista upgrade advisor. it says basic will run on my computer but i want vista premium. it says i have to upgrade my video card. what do i need to do? i dont even know what video card i have, and how much will this cost? thanks so much in advance

120 Posts

February 6th, 2007 12:00

If the Vista Advisor is telling you that your video can't handle the Aero interface then I'm assuming you purchased the D620 with the onboard Intel graphics chip. Honestly I don't know what were you expecting? The more expensive, but Vista capable, NVS110M option will run the Aero interface. As far as I know there is nothing you can do with the current laptop. Best of Luck, Thom

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 15th, 2007 22:00

The only thing you can do is replace the system board, which will effectively downgrade you to a 90-day part warranty, and cost $300+.

1 Message

April 3rd, 2007 21:00

I have a Latitude 620 with the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (256MB) and have no problems running AERO with Vista Ultimate Edition. Of course you will need a gig of ram to even begin to think of AERO. Hope this helps!
No Events found!