Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2013 11:00

DELL STUDIO 1558 not turn on..

Last night my dell studio was working perfectly, i shut it down, and everything was normal.

at morning when i try to switch on it, nothing happens.. as i push the power button the LED over the charging port blinks when i push or release the button but nothing happen.

i tried with charger (hoping battery drained..) but nothing happens this time, not even that LED over the charging port blinks..

i remove battery adapter and drained static power, then after try nothing happen.

with battery without battery, with adapter without adapter nothing happens.

please help me...

Notice:- with only battery when i press the power button white LED over charging port blink while pushing or releasing button, but when i plugin the charger then that LED indicates nothing...

I have tried another charger also.but nothing working...

My laptop is 3 years old and i recently install the 4GB Kingston RAM, because one of my RAM chip was not working...

Please please please help me... tell me what is faulty???

have done this one...but nothing is working for me... no beep nothing at all...

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Remove both memory modules and try powering up - do you get a beep sequence?  If so, try the system with one module at a time in each socket until you isolate the bad module or the bad socket.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

The mainboard is bad.

LED on the adapter is working fine... i was talking about the led over the charging point on my laptop..

i have check ram modules, power adapter, or everything i can....

but nothing working for me....

mainboard....

i mean power circuit over motherboard or something else???

or it is possible to fix it or i need a new motherboard...

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

Hello Shubhanshu Sharma,

I would request you to  ensure that the Power Led on the AC Adapter is lit to ensure the functionality of the AC Adapter. 

Please let us know your findings.

July 17th, 2013 12:00

:emotion-9: :emotion-14: :emotion-60: :emotion-50: Thanx for your support bro...

what a happy news for me.... :emotion-9: :emotion-9: :emotion-9: :emotion-14:

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

It's just about certain the mainboard is toast - if you didn't get a beep code when you tried starting up with no RAM installed, the board is faulty.

Reply man??? I am waiting... ASAP

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 18th, 2013 06:00

Hello Shubhanshu Sharma,

Apologies for the delay in response! As Ejn63 said, if you are not getting any beeps when you tried starting up with no memory modules installed, the board is faulty. Please consider replacing the motherboard.

Does the computer have an active warranty? You can check the warranty status here. In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services. If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact our Expired Warranty Services (this is for US based customers).

Please write back if you have any further questions. 

No Events found!