Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 4th, 2012 22:00

Dell 1545 Will Not Boot Into Recovery Partition

Could someone boot into recovery mode, launch the command prompt and run the following, bcdedit /enum all and post it? I have a friends Dell 1545 and I think the Boot Manager/Loader is screwed up b/c it is not booting into recovery. I can boot to the Windows 7 OS, but we need to do a factory restore because of a nasty virus she has. I would greatly appreciate it!

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2016 14:00

We spent several hours struggling with this and were about to use the above procedure when we realized that once the OS partition is wiped out, either formatted or deleted outright, the Dell BIOS will automatically boot the recovery partition and make the Dell recovery options accessible.

Dell should include a manual BIOS boot option for the recovery partition so users don't need to deal with all this fuss.  The current Windows based recovery scheme to access the Dell recovery partition is fragile and rarely available when you need it most.

31 Posts

June 1st, 2016 18:00

That didn't work on my Inspiron 5759. I keep getting an error:

Windows failed to start. status: 0xC000000f

The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

1 Rookie

• 

30 Posts

May 20th, 2017 19:00

Good to know that there are ways other than using DataSafe Local Backup to restore from the install.wim

But what would be real nice is to be able to fix whatever is broken with the recovery partition so DataSafe can create a set of recovery discs.

May 20th, 2017 23:00

That is like saying it would be nice to be able to backup your data AFTER it has already been deleted.  If DataSafe is used as your backup solution, then you should be able to restore your system OR create recovery DVDs, but this requires that you be proactive in your system recovery.

A backup up of this backup, isn't necessarily a bad plan.

No Events found!