Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2012 20:00

Dell Inspiron N1510

Yes I have a Dell Inspiron N1510 and I want to upgrade my Graphics card I have and Intel HD Graphics Card and want to upgrade is this possible to do? 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 29th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Is this Inspiron 5110? I am not seeing an Inpiron 1510 series. Anyway, for laptops video graphics card is part of the motherboard. Unlike in desktops, you can add or upgrade the video card. But not with notebooks. What you can do is to make sure the Video Drivers are up to date. You can go to our support site at www.support.Dell.com

Also, I recommend to install Dell Support Center, this application will help you get the latest drivers online. Here is the link to download ; http://tinyurl.com/6noskhx

Regards,

May 30th, 2012 05:00

yes sorry it is a N5010 and okay well I just noticed that when playing games like the Sims or games as that what can I do to make the graphics better if you cant put a new video card in?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 31st, 2012 00:00

In N5010, there are 2 options for Video Graphics, Intel and ATI Radeon. If your laptop came with ATI Radeon, I think you can play games with high graphic requirements. I am not certain with Intel HD, it all depends on the requirement of the games you are playing. If you need to change the graphics card, it also means changing the motherboard.

No Events found!