Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2014 04:00

Dell Inspiron R15 3537 ATI 8850m issue

Hello I bought a Dell Inspiron R15 3537 a month ago and back then i installed windows 7 x64 and everything worked fine. I was abe to play Battlefield 4 and COD:Ghosts on high details. About a week ago,i upgraded my OS to windows 8.1 and since then i'm not able to play any game at a decent quality. It seems that the dedicated grahics card is not working anymore. I tried to uninstall the drivers,also for Intel integrated GPU,start windows in safe mode,cleared the remaining registries with CC cleaner,install drivers again and still doing the same. I'm also having a problem in games,if I set the power plan to HIGH PERFORMANCE (which is the logical option when playing a game), my CPU won't go more than 1.8 GHZ,altought with windows 7 it was going up untill 2.8-2.9 GHZ. I have to mention that the CPU won't go higher than 1.8 GHZ with any other power plan when i'm inside a game,in desktop mode it works just fine. Please give me a solution for this. Thanks 

3 Posts

January 11th, 2014 05:00

Hello.

I have the same notebook. You can update your ATI drivers ATI Driver 13.2 64bit or ATI Driver 13.2 32bit, but you will get black screen, blue screen, not sleep or shut down and etc. Dell drivers is specially writen to our notebooks and other drivers not from Dell website may not work properly especially in Windows 8 and 8.1.

So the best solution for you is back to Windows 7, there works everything fine and you can download that drivers and they work good and for 100% you will get FPS bost.

We need to wait for new update this drivers from Dell, but when it will be released, I don't know. :P

No Events found!