Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2011 11:00

Dell Latitude D630 Touchpad Not Responding

I have been working on a Dell Latitude D630 (not under warranty) where the touchpad does not respond and/or has stopped working all together. We have swapped out touchpads from known working Latitude D630s and still no response. In addition, we have swapped out motherboards and still no response. I have ruled out all possible hardware issues and was wondering if anyone has an idea about what I should look into next. Any ideas on possible software issues?

4.4K Posts

December 19th, 2011 12:00

In the touchpad software, there is an option to turn off the touchpad.  You may want to check to make sure that the touchpad is enabled in software.

3.8K Posts

December 20th, 2011 04:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad drivers? To uninstall click on start, right click on computer, click on Dell Touchpad and click on uninstall, click ok to confirm. Once its removed do not restart your computer, use the below link to update the touchpad driver.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

6 Posts

January 7th, 2012 19:00

Install the touchpad driver from a more recent Latitude model on your D630 and the touchpad will work again.  I installed the touchpad driver for a Lati E4310 on my D630, and the touchpad is working flawlessly now.

3 Posts

September 13th, 2014 11:00

Try taking out the battery, mines was faulty and now my touchpad is working fine, as simple as that.

No Events found!