Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2016 06:00

Dell Latitude e7440 battery problem!

Hello guys, i've got a huge problem with my Dell Latitude e7440. Battery is not charging. When i took the battery out and put official Dell cable in - nothing, it's not even turning on. The screen is all black

It's interesting, because few days ago I replaced my old not-working keyboard with a new official one. Everything was fine for 3days and then this happened.

Here you have a link to video of the flashing battery icon on top. 
Link: https://youtu.be/QjWwn1qmOQk

Please help, this is a fatal problem for me. Do I have to buy a new battery? I don't why it worked for 3-4 days and this suddenly happended.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 27th, 2016 08:00

Unplug the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.   Verify that the LED on the AC adapter is ON (or the LED on the DC cord side is ON).  If it's not, the adapter is bad.

Once the adapter is verified working, plug in the notebook end and see if the system will power up.  If it will, then try with the battery - if the battery halts the powerup, it's bad and will need to be replaced.

If the system won't power up with a good AC adapter on AC only (no battery connected), the mainboard is bad -- you may have a bad battery as well, but you won't know until you get a working mainboard in the system first.

No Events found!