Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2013 01:00

Dell R15 SE won't start, stays at Dell logo

Hi all,

I have a problem with my brand new Dell Inspiron 15R SE, that I bought yesterday. 

In the evening I could use it with no problem, other than it unexpectedly disconnected from the wifi once, but otherwise it was OK. 

This morning it didn't start at all, when I press power button the Dell logo appears, and it stays like that forever, nothing happens. The power and the Wifi LEDs are on, when the charger is connected, the LED is on too. 

Tried to remove battery, but still no joy. 

What can be the problem? 

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 15th, 2013 03:00

Hi szabadig,

If you restart the computer after it is forcibly turned off, Windows 8 tries to use the fast startup method. When this occurs, the system determines that the previous restart attempt was unsuccessful, and then tries to restart by using the full startup method. However, this full startup attempt fails because of an access violation that is caused by memory corruption.

Workaround: is to disable ISRT in the BIOS setup menu by selecting SATA mode and changing it to AHCI then saving the change and rebooting windows.

Reboot from windows and enter BIOS setup menu again to set SATA mode back to Raid

Restart Windows again and follow the steps below to Enable Intel Smart Response technology

Step 1: Launch Intel RST UI from system TrayStep 

2 Click Accelerate Icon on top of page then click "Disassociate: 

Step 3:

Step 4 Select HDD and Acceleration mode to "Enhanced mode"

HDD will now be Accelerated again.

I hope you find this useful.

3 Posts

January 15th, 2013 03:00

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your reply.

I could now boot into windows with your help.

However I can not enable the acceleration in the Intel Rapid Storage tool. It says:

An unknown error occurred while an operation was in progress. The operation could not be completed.

I tried it several times, restarted the windows again, but still the same.

Can you advise please?

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 18th, 2013 08:00

Hi szabadig,

Please load defaults in BIOS page by pressing the F9 key on the keyboard. In case any error message comes up, please let us know along with the system service tag.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag, so I may check the region/country from where the system was purchased and assist you accordingly. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 21st, 2013 11:00

Hi szabadig,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post.

3 Posts

January 21st, 2013 12:00

Hi Senthil,

Many thanks for your support, I was really helpful, I could start windows, and also I was able to activate disk acceleration.

However I had other issues with the laptop too, so I returned it.

Thanks again,

G.

1 Message

March 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hi,

I am having the same problems with my new Dell 15R SE.When I try and enable acceleration using Intel Smart Response Technology I always get an error message saying:

"An unknown error has occurred while the operation was in progress. The operation could not be completed."

I have tried the fixes you described above and they haven't worked.

Could you please help me out?

Thanks very much.

No Events found!