Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2011 19:00

Dell XPS m1530 No factory installed OS discs

I am in a bind, my hard drive crashed and I no longer have the factory disc that had my OS, I only have Win 7 OS disc retail, and my computer will not recognize the setup disc.  I am guessing that my old hard drive had a local backup to restore the system to factory defaults, but what am I supposed to do if I no longer have the disc that came with the computer nor the local backup partition? Please help, anyone who has solutions for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 6th, 2011 03:00

The original factory restore image has nothing to do with installing another OS like Windows 7.  If the DVD drive doesn't see the disc, replace it.

3.8K Posts

February 6th, 2011 08:00

Hi Abdoctor80,

Welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear about your hard drive. If you have do not have the OS discs that came with the computer you can call Dell on 1-800-624-9896, and they should be able to ship you one. You can also click on the below link and fill up the form to have the OS disc that came with the computer shipped out to you.

https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form

Thank you

Royan

No Events found!