Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2017 05:00

Dell inspiron 15 5000 blank screen

Dell inspiron 15 5000 turns on with all the lights but doesn't show anything not even the dell logo. Sometimes the screen flickers at the bottom. Have tried removing battery and holding down the power button for a minute but nothing successful happens when I turn it on. Am puzzled, I have only used it for four months and I always handle it with care, what could be the problem?

144 Posts

April 28th, 2017 15:00

I assume that the system is still in the warranty period then contact your local Dell Technical Support.

Try to run the LCD bist, see How to Initialize the Stand-alone LCD BIST Diagnostics

2K Posts

April 29th, 2017 13:00

Hi JIDONSKII,

What is the exact system model?

When did the issue start? Does the system overheat? Were there any bluescreens / system crashes? Is there any liquid spillage / damage on the system?

Please check if there is any damage on the machine. Check if all the ports on the machine are fine or misaligned. Sometimes if the pins in the USB ports are touching each other, they are known to cause many issues on the machine.

Press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - check for any possible beep codes.

Run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG

Open the chassis and disconnect the memory modules / HDD / ODD and check if the system detects the absence of memory.

If nothing works, I would suspect a motherboard failure.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

If the system is under warranty, then you could skip opening the chassis and write me a private message with the service tag and your name and we can setup  a service call based on your warranty.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!