Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2012 21:00

Dell inspiron n4050 64bit webcam driver

I'm searching all over the internet for dell integrated webcam driver for dell inspironn4050 but couldn't find a single one. Could anyone tell me where or give me a link to find it.

I'm just wondering where dell got it from at the first place and installed in on windows 7:emotion-42:

1 Message

March 20th, 2015 07:00

i have my webcam installed on device manager but doesnot show icon in desktop of my laptop inspiron n4050 of windows 8.1

2.6K Posts

Hello,

The following link would help you to download the Dell Webcam Central.
http://bit.ly/i8RkJO

Please follow the link mentioned below for more details.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19448019.aspx

Please write back to us for further questions.

2 Posts

Thanks for the help but I followed the first link you gave and an error page showed up with the following information:

Stop - there might be a problem with the requested link

The link you requested has been identified by bitly as being potentially problematic. This could be because a bitly user has reported a problem, a black-list service reported a problem, because the link has been shortened more than once, or because we have detected potentially malicious content. This may be a problem because:

• Some URL-shorteners re-use their links, so bitly can't guarantee the validity of this link.
  • Some URL-shorteners allow their links to be edited, so bitly can't tell where this link will lead you.
  • Spam and malware is very often propagated by exploiting these loopholes, neither of which bitly allows for.

The link you requested may contain inappropriate content, or even spam or malicious code that could be downloaded to your computer without your consent, or may be a forgery or imitation of another website, designed to trick users into sharing personal or financial information.

By the way I have already downloaded dell webcam cental but when I tried to install it it didn't work. I think it is just an application. The real setup is needed before the dell webcam central can be installed.

2.6K Posts

September 24th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

We would have do a clean re-installation of the Webcam.

To reinstall the webcam driver, perform the following steps. 
-- Close any applications that are currently using the webcam (this may include web pages). Save and close any applications that you are currently working on as the computer will need to restart.
-- Click Start.
-- Right-Click Computer.
-- Click Properties.
-- Click Device Manager in the upper left-hand corner.
-- Click Imaging devices.
-- Right-click the integrated webcam or USB camera.
-- Click Uninstall.
-- Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.
-- Once uninstalled restart the computer.
-- The drivers for the webcam are provided by Microsoft in Windows 7, and will be automatically reinstalled when the computer is restarted.

Once reinstallation of the drivers is done, I would suggest reinstalling the Dell Webcam Central.
To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps: 

1.      Click Start.
2.      Click Control Panel.
3.      Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
4.      Click Programs and Features.
5.      Click Dell Webcam Central.
6.      Click Uninstall. 
7.      Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK. 
8.      Once uninstalled restart the computer.

To download the latest version of Webcam Central for your Dell computer, perform the following steps:
1.      Visit www.support.dell.com
Click My Account in the upper right corner and sign in with your Dell My Account in the popup box provided. 
2.      Under the My Software section on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)". 
3.      Click the check-box that agrees to the Terms and Conditions of the My Dell Downloads website and click Register System at the bottom of the page 
4.      At the My Download Locker page, click the registered system that corresponds with the computer you are downloading Webcam Central to. 
5.      Under the Title section, look for Dell Webcam Central. There may be more than one listing for this software title. 
6.      Select the listing with the latest version number in the Version column. Click the check-box under the Download column for this software, and at the bottom of the page click Download Now. 
7.      Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. 
8.      Once the Dell Webcam software is installed restart the computer.
You can also use webcam disk to re-install the webcam drivers on the computer and follow the onscreen instructions.

For more details you may refer to the link mentioned below.
http://dell.to/M1FKcC

Please reply if you have any further questions.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 24th, 2012 04:00

peleko999,

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

1 Message

March 13th, 2013 13:00

GIVE ME driver webcam for dell inspiron N4050 . cause my driver softwae is suck.tq

2.6K Posts

March 13th, 2013 16:00

Hello PopeyenJK,

In order to assist you further, I would request you to help me understand what exactly is the issue that you are facing with the webcam.  Click here to download the Dell Webcam Central software. 
For more details, see Troubleshoot Webcam Issue.

Please write back for further queries.

2.6K Posts

March 15th, 2013 17:00

Hi PopeyenJK,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

4 Posts

May 29th, 2013 04:00

Hi Allan, 

I have Dell Ins 4050 laptop, the video calling was working very well suddenly 2 days back not able to detect a web cam.. any help from your end would be great. 

Thanks,

Crenji

4 Posts

May 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Amogh,

Thanks for your swift response, it says not able to detect camera when ever I try to do video calling, when I open the dell web cam central app, it is all disabled.. I tried checking in the device manager but not able to find an option "imaging device"

Kindly advice.

Regards,

Crenji

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Crenji,

Please share the error message you are getting when you try to do video calling. You may check if Dell Webcam Central application is working or not. Please check and let me know if webcam is listed in ‘Device Manager’ or not. Please follow the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen.
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’.
  • Click > sign next to ‘Imaging Devices’.

If it’s listed you may uninstall and reinstall webcam application. Please follow the steps below:

• Right click webcam and click ‘uninstall’.
  • You may download and install the latest drivers from the link: http://dell.to/11oFlT4.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist.

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 12:00

Hi Crenji,

You may install the webcam software from the link provided above and check the webcam started working or not.

Keep me posted with the findings. I will be glad to assist you.

4 Posts

Hi Amogh,

\could not find the option imaging deice so now downloading the software fro the link you provided.

Regards,

Crenji

4 Posts

Hi  Amogh :)

Cam connected, thanks for your help.. :)

Regards,

Cindrella Renji (Crenji)

1.5K Posts

May 30th, 2013 06:00

Hi Cindrella,

Thank you for the update. I am delighted that the issue has been resolved and the webcam is working fine now.

Please feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you. 

No Events found!